Friday, April 20, 2007

Telling the Boys

We told the boys about the pregnancy first--before telling the family or friends. We are all at the table finishing a snack. Seth reminded them how we told them first about him getting out of the Army. Then, he said we had something special to tell them. He went on to say that Momma has a baby growing in her belly.

Jonathan jumped up out of his seat, looked at my belly and said, "Are YOU PREGNANT?!!" It was really cute and funny at the same time.

Then Jonathan or David (can't remember which) asked if it was going to be a girl or a boy. Seth explained (come to think of it, I don't think I did much talking) that we didn't know yet. Jonathan says, "Oooooh, I hope it is a BOY. Four boys would be SOOO cool."

In the days since Jonathan and David have talked about the baby and whether it will be a boy or girl. When Jonathan talks about having 4 boys, David reminds him, "We ALREADY have 4 boys...Daddy is a BOY." David also always insists, "Daddy said the baby MIGHT be a girl-u-l."
Jonathan has commented that my belly isn't getting very big yet (thank goodness!).

All Thomas knows is that we are suddenly talking about babies... mostly telling him that "pacis" are for babies! (I don't know how we are ever going to get him to break his ties to his pacifier. This is a new experience for us, too, since the other boys were not pacifier babies.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seth's a boy? Maybe a GEEK boy... hehehe ;) Again, I'm so excited for you. Mazi and Dad are too! I hope you have the energy!
Love,
Amy Jo

Carmom said...

Abby turned 3 this past March and she still is hooked on her paci. I'm not sure what to do about it. If wetake it away she starts sucking her fingers. I think I would rather have her sucking her paci since I can eventually take it away and I can't her fingers.