Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday Words


This week I received an announcement from a college friend that her and her husband had adopted twin boys. The pictures were precious. The boys are beautiful. The couple has a biological child and she is pictured holding her brothers. The announcement left me feeling so thankful. What a gift! How wonderful they were able to adopt these boys. My reading this morning made me think even more about the incredible gift of adoption. I am thankful for God, as my heavenly father, and his gift of the Holy Spirit. What an amazing, overwhelmingly gracious gift! It is beyond words.

Romans 8:15, 16
“For you did not receive a spirit of fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.”
Romans 8:26
“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.”

No comments: