Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

This recipe was such a hit last week. Everyone loved it! In my house, to get a 100% approval on a meal is almost unheard of. We will definitely be having this one again. I found the recipe in my Bethany MOPS cookbook.

COLA CHICKEN

1/2 cup chopped onion
2 T vegatable oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 can (12 oz) cola
1 cup ketchup
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
4 1/2 tsp cornstarch
3 T. cold water

In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken; brown on all sides. Carefully add cola, ketchup, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove the chicken and keep warm. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to skillet juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to pan and heat through. Makes 4 servings.

(For my non-ketchup loving friend, you should consider trying this even though it has ketchup in it. It was yummy!)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I can tell you right now why your whole entire family loved it. YOU PUT ONE WHOLE CUP OF KETCHUP IN IT!!!!!!!!!









Sorry - I just threw up a little in my mouth!!!

Kimberly said...

Sorry, just went back and read the entire post. I quit earlier when I read KETCHUP. I will consider making this but I'm not one who enjoys taking the meat out of the pan and then adding it back in. I'm too lazy for such things!


But if you make it while I'm there I will willing help AND I will eat it! ;)

Jane Anne said...

Ah my non-ketchup loving friend... I took a picture of Thomas for you today as he was licking the ketchup off his plate after having chicken nuggets.

Seriously- this is one good recipe! And, if it helps, I didn't add the chicken back in the sauce. I just kept it warm and thickened up the sauce. I knew that at least 1 or 2 of my kids would balk at seeing the chicken smothered in the sauce (no matter how good the sauce was).

Kimberly said...

I don't own cornstarch - I don't think I can make it! ;}