Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Thanks Tank #54


Ahhh... the day is done... almost, anyway. The kids are in bed. I have a candle burning and Norah Jones playing. It is peaceful inside the house. It is also a beautiful night. I am sitting outside on my patio, listening to the evening sounds in the neighborhood. It is beginning to get dark. I am the most relaxed I have been all day (OH! and I just had 2 of those minature heath bars!!). I am thankful for the peaceful end to the busyness of my day. I am thankful. Here's my Thursday Thanks Tank:
1. A great visit with some friends: Our friends, the McCoys (Minus the Mr.), were in town through the past weekend. I had such a great time. I am thankful for the vist.
2. MOPS: I am thrilled that MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) is getting ready to start here. I am excited about what the leadership team has been planning. I am so happy to be making friends in this group.
3. David's preschool: David hasn't started preschool yet but he did have his orientation this week. I am extremely thankful for the open communication I have with his teacher about his peanut allergy.
4. Heath Bar Minatures: I know, this is overkill since I posted about them earlier in the week. Still, they are yummy and I have been enjoying them all week. I am almost finished with the bag (yikes!) and I am not buying more (until at least it gets a little closer to Halloween).
5. Summer: This is our last week of summer break. I am thankful for this summer. I have enjoyed all of the sunshine. I am also thankful for being content to be home most of the summer. At some point in the Spring, the thought of not having a big trip planned made sad. I have been able to enjoy home and family. That's a big blessing!
6. Scrapbooking: This past weekend my friend Kim and I went to a scrapbooking workshop. It was wonderful to scrapbook again! I hadn't done anything in... well, since a few months before Elisabeth was born (so about a year). I am thankful for scrapbooking and all the pictures I have-- especially of my "babies". I have been working on it more this week and I am loving it.
7. Hugs from my Kids: I was not really at my best today. I guess, honestly, neither were my kids! But, at several points in the day I either got hugs from my kids or I gave hugs to my kids. That is truly a wonderful feeling.

That's it for me tonight. Take time to be thankful--you will be better off for it.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I am so proud of you for continuing to work on your scrapbook. I can't wait to see what all you've done.
I just want to tell you how much I enjoy reading your thanks tank every week. It is always such an encouragement to me and makes me think of all the things I have to be thankful for. So thank you for being so diligent in not only be thankful but in sharing your thoughts with us! I love you!