Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday Words



"So why do we worry? Because we do not believe. We are not really convinced that the same Jesus who can keep a sparrow in the air knows where our lost luggage is, or how we are going to pay that auto repair bill, or how we can get to our destination on time. Or if we believe that he can deliver us through our difficulties, we doubt if he will. We let Satan sow seeds of doubt into our minds about his love and care for us... We are to pray about everything. Nothing is to big for him to handle, and nothing is too small to escape his attention."(see Philippians 4:6-7) Jerry Bridges, The Practice of Godliness

I read this last night and it struck a chord with me. I have not been worrying much lately but I realized that I have been failing to include God in the little details of my life. I go through times when I pray more about "big" events or concerns. This was a fantastic reminder to me to include God in my daily routine by praying about my little concerns.

This morning I read:
"I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." Psalm 34:4-5

I am striving to be radiant today!

2 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Jsne Anne,
I am very new to blogging but I found your blog and loved your post today! May we always remember and never forget to include Jesus in every detail of our lives....He so wants to be there!!

Debra Kaye said...

Oops...
obviously can't spell..Jane Anne