Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Moment

My favorite moment of last week occured when I took the kids to the post office. I had 2 packages to mail (one large one and one small one). I had one baby to carry in. And, I had three very "busy" boys in-tow. I got the stroller out of the back of the car and I attempted to put the large package in the back of the stroller. I knew from before I even tried that there was no way it was going to fit. Then, I got Elisabeth out and started putting her in the stroller. This sweet, grandmother-type lady (who I had noticed watching me from her car) came over and asked if she could help me carry the package in. I was relieved. She sweet talked Elisbeth and then took a step or two toward the post office. I said, "Just a minute." Then, I proceeded to get all of the boys out of the car. The sweet lady looked stunned.
Then, she said: Are they ALL YOURS??

I sort of felt like superwoman and a freak of nature all at the same time! It didn't matter, though. I could have hugged that women for helping me get in the post office.

3 comments:

John and Carrie said...

LOL!! Thanks for a good laugh!

Jessica said...

hehe, how funny! it will be fun to share that story with your kids later on--you ARE super mom!

Kimberly said...

It just goes to show you what a small tiny act of kindness on your (our) part might mean to the person who you (we) are helping! You never know when a kind word or a friendly smile can be just the thing that makes someone's day!
And I love your use of the words superwoman and freak of nature all in the same sentence!!!!!
btw - YOU ROCK!!!!