Monday, May 11, 2015

Food Allergy Awareness Week: Monday

It's Food Allergy Awareness Week 2015.

A few thoughts about this week~

I always wished this awareness week took place in the Fall, toward the beginning of a school year, instead of May, near the end of school.

I do like that Food Allergy Awareness Week starts on Mother's Day. Mothers are ultra aware, constantly providing and doing what's necessary for a Food Allergy kid. I saw several food allergy Mother's Day posts online yesterday and they were wonderful.

I like Food Allergy Awareness week because #1, I take time out of my busy schedule to read what's being said and posted. It seems lame and it is to a certain degree, but being the mom of 4 busy kids, I don't stay up on the latest articles, helpful tips, and food allergy news. I do well just to ensure that my son is safe. So, while I hope to make others pause and think about food allergies this week, the week serves me well because I am more aware of what is going on in the allergy world.

I do not know how I will make others more aware of food allergies. I do not have a plan for that. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. But, I know that I am going to sit down with my peanut allergy son this week and talk about his allergy- the good, bad and the ugly.
I am sure that effort will be meaningful.

No comments: